Children’s Accidental Death Cover provides a benefit of up to $25,000 if a child who is a life insured dies due to an accident. This benefit is only available where a parent of the child is a life insured under a Reward Accidental Death Cover benefit. To be eligible for this cover the insured child must be an Australian resident aged 0-17 years. Acceptance is guaranteed.
Children’s Accidental Death Cover recognises that families who experience the tragic loss of a child from a fatal accident can experience a significant financial burden due to the loss of income of one or both parents as well as having additional expenses such as medical bills and funeral costs. Children’s Accidental Death Cover provides a lump sum payment to assist families with these costs.
Up to 6 child family members can be insured under a Children’s Accidental Death Cover benefit.
Core Benefit Features
- A parent must be a life insured under a Reward Accidental Death Cover benefit
- The insured child must be an Australian resident aged 0-17 years at policy commencement
- Age 18
- When the Reward Accidental Death Cover of the insured child’s parent ceases
- A lump sum benefit is payable if the life insured dies as a direct result of an accident
- $10,000 to $25,000
- Inflation Protection: automatic 5% annual benefit amount increase (may be declined)
- No medicals or health questions
- Guaranteed Issue
- self-inflicted injury
- aerial activity
- motorised sport
- war or terrorism
- alcohol or drugs
- intentional act of carer